Covid-19 Info Hub
At Niño Early Learning Adventures, the health, safety and wellbeing of our children, families, community and employees is at the heart of what we do.
This is a difficult time for all of us and we’re working hard to keep you updated with the latest information from government and industry authorities about COVID-19 pandemic and how this may affect you, our valued Niño community.
We’re working with the Victorian Government’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Department of Education & Training, and the Australian Childcare Alliance, to ensure we’re following all guidelines and recommendations and that timely information and public health advice is available to our families.
We’re providing regular email updates to parents and carers of children registered at each of our centres. Importantly we must always follow the Government’s recommendations and advice, particularly when it involves public health. We understand sometimes this may lead to delays in advice being delivered but it’s important our communications to you are accurate and in line with public health advice.
We thank you for your ongoing patience and support as we work through this together.
On this page you will find links to latest news, details of our rigorous protocols and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Of course, we encourage anyone with specific questions to reach your Centre Manager or contact us on (03) 9421 6755 or email email@example.com
Latest News and Updates
Early Learning Services Remain Open12/02/2021
Niño ELA reduces the risk of cross-contamination with a new antibacterial protective cleaning solution12/11/2020
Niño ELA Centres Re-open Following the Easing of Stage 4 Restrictions28/09/2020
Centre Closures: Policy and Protocols
At all times, Niño ELA will act in the best interests of the safety and welfare of our families and staff at all of our centres.
The Australian Government’s Health Department and Department of Education have advised the running of early childhood services is essential to families. Aligned with the Government’s recommendation, we will continue to operate safely and support the community.
Where we are advised of confirmed cases at one of our centres, our protocol is to immediately alert and work closely with the Victorian Government’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to complete detailed close contact tracing and close the centre for deep cleaning. We will also notify families identified as close contacts as soon as possible and pass on any information or public health advice we are provided by the Government. Based on advice from DHHS, centres will only reopen when it is safe to do so.
In the situation where there are multiple cases at a site, we may take the precautionary and proactive step to close the centre and instruct all of our staff to get tested. Again, we’ll endeavour at all times to keep families at each centre updated in line with DHHS public health advice
Practising Good Hygiene: Niño ELA COVID-19 Protocols
Strict COVID-19 hygiene measures remain in practice across all Niño ELA centres and services. We also regularly provide updates on practising good personal hygiene to our Niño ELA community.
Detailed COVID-19 policy and procedures have been developed. A COVID-19 risk assessment has been completed for the service at each of our centres to identify and mitigate potential risks.
In addition to this, the following measures have been put in place:
Information for all visitors to our centres
- Sanitisation units have been installed throughout all our centres for all families and visitors to use.
- Social distancing signs have been placed on the floor of the foyer for parents.
- Government COVID-19 posters have been placed on the entrance doors and throughout each centre
- Screen wipes are available at all ipad kiosks.
- Families are only allowed to enter the foyer to drop off and collect children and must obey social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Deliveries to centres are dropped to the door and no others visitors are allowed to the centres.
- If workmen need to attend, they are required to sign in to register and temperatures are taken and recorded.
- Our families are provided regular updates via Flexischools and via direct email of any Government public health information.
Health and hygiene practices for staff and our niños
- A COVID-19 Guidelines Link has been sent to all families and educators.
- Temperature checks are conducted for all children, educators and staff on arrival to the service at each centre.
- Attendance records are recorded to ensure we have a record of all attending each day.
- Our educators encourage all children to practice good personal hygiene routines, including washing their hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet, and covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing.
- Children, educators or staff who may become unwell or show any signs or symptoms are sent home immediately.
- A cleaning checklist is completed every 2 hours for touch cleaning and other cleaning throughout all rooms and foyers.
- Full centre cleans are completed twice a week with an external cleaning company.
We continue to work closely with our staff to ensure that we are all doing our part to help keep our environments clean. We are also keeping everyone up to date with new information and advice from the Government.
We will continue to closely and carefully monitor the advice of the Australian Government Department of Health and Department of Education and Training, and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in relation to the Coronavirus and act in accordance with their advice. As the situation continues to evolve, we will continue to communicate with you regarding any changes that may affect the day to day operations of our services.
FAQs and Resources
There are many questions from families in relation childcare and COVID-19, from the health of their children to the current restrictions in place. The following resourceful links provides answers to many of these questions and more:
- Australian Government Health Direct Childcare information
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Coronavirus information
The most up-to-date accurate information to keep you up to date with COVID-19 can be obtained on the Australian Government Department of Health’s website – health.gov.au. If you have any questions you can also access the 24/7 Coronavirus Information Line on 12 28 46.
FAQs in relation to Stage 4 Restrictions and the Permitted Worker Guidelines
For information about the latest Victorian COVID-19 restrictions and measures you can contact the COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 675 398.