What to expect when you and your child are settling in at Niño ELA
Attending an early learning program is a significant and exciting stage in a child’s development. At Niño Early Learning Adventures, we are cognisant of the challenges faced by parents and their child when taking the first steps into an early childhood setting. To ensure that this experience is as smooth and comforting as possible, Niño ELA works very closely with our families, providing constant support and communication throughout the settling process and beyond.
What do settling sessions look like at Niño ELA?
Upon arrival for your child’s first settling session you will meet the Principal Educator and team of educators who will be caring for your little Niño.
1st settling session:
2nd settling session:
3rd settling session:
At Niño ELA, we want to ensure you and your child’s comfort and well-being remain our top priority and for the transition to your child’s new environment to be as seamless as possible. At the completion of the three settling sessions, further sessions can be accommodated if required.
Ongoing communication with our families
What questions may I need answered during settling sessions at Niño ELA?
- How will my child’s day look at Niño ELA?
- What is the schedule of events?
- What is the purpose of progressive mealtimes?
- What are NIP times? When do these happen?
- What opportunities will my child have to choose where and how he/she learns?
- How do I find out more about my child’s day?
- Where do I find information about my child’s individual learning?
- Where are my child’s belongings kept?
- How will my child’s individual needs be catered for?